The existing logistics operations in Eastern Africa are constrained by port congestion, falling reliability levels, an overburdened road network due to the inadequacy of railways, high transaction costs, unharmonized regional policies and fragmented regulatory reforms.
The Shippers Council has over its five years of existence developed the expertise, networks and recognition from relevant government and regional Institutions with whom it engages to find solutions for the above mentioned challenges. SCEA is the only business association with expansive national, regional and international networks, which handles issues of transport and logisstics. We are also committted to making East Africa logistically competitive through our various programs and initiatives.
More reasons to join
- It is international practice for Cargo Owners to come together under the auspices of Shippers Councils to create a forum for representing their interests.
- To form a strong a united organization to influence government policy to address the numerous challenges posed by the strained supply chain in Eastern Africa.
- To receive regular information and updates in trade facilitation courtesy of the information circulars and the Newsletter
- Benefit from business linkages and networking
- Benefit from the various various capacity building programs, i.e. trainings, seminars and firm level interventions.
- Opportunity to chart the advocacy agenda of the Council through Member Only forums.
- Preferential listing of your company in the SCEA Directory.
- Enjoy subsidized rates for:
- advertising in our two key publications - the SCEA Website and the East African Directory of Shippers and Logistics Service Providers and the upcoming Magazine, and
- participating in our capacity building programs